Friday 14 October 2011

Rainbow cake...my style

     I tried to bake a rainbow cake after my closest friend who is a legal advisor cum baker told me about her pink rainbow cake.  She baked her cake guna resepi Dorie Greenspan.  But, I used  butter cake _version kek segera from box.

     Then, I took 6 plastic cups, put the batter in equal amount into the cups and drops of different rainbow colours into each cups.



the colourful batter
 
     After that, the process is like making the usual marble cake .  I started the layers with purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and lastly red .


the layers


Walla...my easy rainbow cake topped with cream cheese frosting
     
     This is the recipe for the cream cheese frosting:

Ingredients

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.
Happy Trying................ 





`





No comments:

Post a Comment